The UF Health Douglas Williams Executive Health Program is an early detection program promoting health and beneficial lifestyle changes. Throughout your annual exam, you will receive empowering tools to help you envision and achieve your individual peak physical and mental function.
Do you currently exercise regularly? Is your diet healthy and do you stay well hydrated? Are you able to manage your stress properly? If you said no to any of these questions, don’t worry, there is always time for change. The Executive Health Nurse, Destiny Knopf, is about to share a helpful tip to start you on your journey to a healthier version of yourself. All you need is a little motivation and goals that are attainable and realistic. Efforts are more successful if you play it SMART!
• (S) Set a specific goal (i.e. I will add one fruit serving to my daily diet)
• (M) Measure your progress (i.e. I will log my efforts daily in my calendar)
• (A) Make sure it’s Achievable (Be sure you are physically capable of accomplishing your goal otherwise aim for a smaller goal)
• (R) Realistic goals (Focus on sure bets, such as eating an additional serving of fruit every day rather than overhauling your diet at once)
• (T) Time commitments (i.e. Picking a date and time to start, regular check-in dates, log entry updates) When setting commitments, outside deadlines can be helpful.
For more information on the UF Health Douglas Williams Executive Health Program, visit www.exechealth.ufl.edu or contact us at (352) 265-8262
“An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure”