BUSINESS UPDATES & ANNOUNCEMENTS
To submit an announcement or update, visit our eJournal page and scroll down. Please limit your message to 50 words, and include useful links if possible.
Week of September 14, 2020
- The University of Florida is now ranked #6 in the US News & World Report rankings for public universities.
- Thursday, September 24, the 2020 East Gainesville Initiative Forum will share their Annual Report and updates on Santa Fe College’s recent and future outreach efforts in East Gainesville.
- The 51st Annual NHRA Amalie Oil Gatornationals is officially rescheduled at Gainesville Raceway and will take place from September 25 – 27.
- Thursday, September 17, BBVA’s Thought Leader Series will feature information from Mark Zinder, futurist and leading trend forecaster in finance and economics on how the economy got to where it is today, and where we go from here.
- University of Florida researchers made more discoveries and licensed more technologies than ever in the fiscal year just ended, despite the coronavirus pandemic influencing the third and fourth quarters.
- The 19th Annual Guest Chef Gainesville benefiting Peaceful Paths is short on Gift Cards from local restaurants – see how you can help here.
- Florida Museum’s refurbished Megalodon exhibit opens September 19.
- Queen of Peace Catholic Church donated a large amount of sheets to be converted into gowns for Haven Hospice‘s team treating COVID-19 patients.
- The City of Waldo is seeking Halloween candy donations for their Drive-Thru Trick-or-Treat event.