Business in Greater Gainesville and Campus USA Credit Union announces 29 Impact Award winners. The winners will be honored at the 2017 Impact Awards on Monday, December 4, 2017 from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the UF Hilton Conference Center.
The Impact Awards recognizes individuals in the community who have motivated, educated and inspired our Greater Gainesville community to make a positive impact. “CAMPUS USA Credit Union is excited to, once again, sponsor the Impact Awards and recognize those in our community that make Gainesville such a great place to live and work,” said Jerry Benton, CEO of CAMPUS USA Credit Union. This is CAMPUS USA Credit Union’s fourth consecutive year as the title sponsor of the Impact Awards.
Impact Award winners were nominated by the Gainesville community and selected by five 2016 Impact winners, who served as judges. “I choose people and causes based on what speaks to me. Not what is fashionable, what is true to my heart,” said Mercedes Petrus, 2016 Impact Award winner and 2017 Impact Award judge. “I serve these passions with grit, sweat, compassion and commitment.”
The Business in Greater Gainesville and Campus USA Credit Union 2017 Impact Award winners are:
- Donovan Arnold, Our Town Realty/ Partnership for Strong Families
- Gia Arvin, Matchmaker Realty
- Clint and Sheena Asbell, Haile Jewelry and Loans
- Khanh-Lien Bano, Alachua County Council of PTAs
- Mark Bleiweis, University of Florida Health
- Carl Bosshardt, Bosshardt Realty Services/ Bosshardt Property Management
- Adam Brewer, Adam’s Rib Co.
- James Coats, Phalanx Defense Systems, LLC/ Superheroes for Hope
- Lauren Douglass, What’s Happening Publications and Promotions
- Theresa Drews, Ronald McDonald House Charities North Central Florida
- John Fleming, Trimark Properties
- Chief Tony Jones, Ganesville Police Department
- Luke Kemper and Brandon Nappy, Swamp Head Brewery
- James Lawrence, Gainesville 4 All
- Brian Leslie, Charles Perry Partners, Inc.
- Jane Muir
- Amy Meacham, Xtraordinary Joy
- Betty Petty, Exactech, Inc.
- Paul Prusakowski, OPIE Software/ Gainesville Prosthetics/ Bamboo Strategic Media
- Jeff Quigley, Coldwell Banker M.M. Parrish
- Jerome Reed, R.A.W.E. Recruits
- Davis Rembert
- Adam Towers, Bogin, Munns & Munns, P.A. – Gainesville Office
- Sarah Vidal-Finn, Gainesville Community Redevelopment Agency
- Rhonda Wilson, Star Center Children’s Theatre
- Bobby White, Gainesville Police Department/ Basketball Cop Foundation
- Rod Whited, Northwestern Mutual/ Lemon Ball of Gainesville
“To the 2017 Impact recipients, thank you for your dedication to making Greater Gainesville a better place to live,” Petrus said. “Congratulations on your impact on our community!”
The 2017 Impact Awards will be held December 4, 2017 from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the UF Hilton Conference Center, located at 1714 SW. 34th St., Gainesville, FL, 32607. General admission tickets are $35. Tickets grant access to the keynote speaker, award presentation and plated lunch.
Impact Award recipients will be featured in the December issue of Business in Greater Gainesville, which will go in-depth about their contributions to the Gainesville/Alachua area.
For more information, contact Event Coordinator Catherine Perkinson at email@example.com or (352) 372-5854 ext. 215.