The Gainesville Area Chamber of Commerce Business of the Year Awards 2015August 31st, 2015 by gainesvillechamber
The Gainesville Area Chamber of Commerce annually honors businesses for their role in helping our region become the global hub of talent, innovation, and opportunity. To be considered for a Business of the Year award, the organization should standout for excellence and innovation with in business practices and community involvement.
Winners will be announced at our Business Awards Celebration to be held on Friday, November 13, 2015 from 11:30 AM – 1:00 PM at the Best Western Gateway Grand Hotel (4200 NW 97th Blvd, Gainesville, FL 32606). Please visit www.Gainesvillechamber.com/BOTY2015 for more information about the event or click here to fill out an application.
- Must be a member in good standing with the Gainesville Area Chamber of Commerce both at the time of application and at the event.
- Must meet the additional criteria for the specific area award for which the business is applying. (See below)
- Must have application submitted on or before 11:59 PM, October 9, 2015
Categories are broken down into industry sectors and specific subcategories.
- Industry Specific Sectors:
- Best Tech Company
- Best Manufacturing Company
- Best AgriBusiness Company
- Best Logistics Company
- Best BioScience Company
- Best Nonprofit: An Association or Non-Profit entity designated as a 501 (c)(3), (c)(4), or (c)(6).
- Leading Women’s Enterprise: Company with at least 51% female ownership.
- Best Minority Business: Company at least 51% minority ownership
- Best New/Startup Business: Operation 2 years or less
- Best Small Business: Less than 250 employees and $20 million in annual revenue
- Best Large Business: Greater than 250 employees and $20 million in annual revenue
- Commitment to the Environment: Greatest demonstrated environmental stewardship strategy
|Oct. 09||Applications received by the Gainesville Area Chamber|
|Oct. 09||Eligibility and qualifications checked by Chamber staff|
|Oct. 10-17||Applications reviewed by Volunteer Membership Task Force|
|Oct. 19||Finalists Notified|
|Oct. 19||Finalists Announced Publically|
|Nov. 13||Awards Luncheon|
Eligible applications will be evaluated by a membership task force, comprised of volunteers. Chamber of Commerce board members, and general members from various industry sectors serve on this task force.
Each task force member will assess the applications on a five point scale. Assessments will focus on the following areas:
- Strategic and Financial Goals
- Employee and Human Resources best practices
- Customer Service Strategies
- Community Impact
A total score will be tabulated and given for each applicant. The top three in each category will be announced as finalists.
Benefits of Participating
This is a phenomenal opportunity to gain great exposure for your company. Participating will highlight your company’s successes, best practices, and breakthrough potential among the entire Gainesville area business community.
As an Award Finalist you will receive:
- Official Business Award nominee logo to display on your company website and/or marketing materials.
- Company name listed on the Chamber website’s Business Awards page
- Company name and description in Business Awards Program
- Application feedback with referrals to local business consultants who can assist in your business’s growth strategies
As an Award Winner You Will receive:
- Official Business Award Winner Logo to display on your company website and/or marketing materials
- Special award engraved with your company name
- Company name listed as an Award Winner on the Chamber’s website, press materials, and other promotional materials.
- On-going recognition throughout the year at various Chamber events
- Recognition on stage during the Business Awards Reception
- Small Business Awardees will be automatically nominated for the US Chamber’s Dream BIG Small Business Awards
Business of the Year Sponsorship Opportunities are available. For more information, contact Steve Cannon at email@example.com or 352.256.8134.