Council for Economic Outreach Announces 2015 Gainesville Technology Council Board MembersApril 20th, 2015 by gainesvillechamber
The Gainesville Technology Council, a regional industry council managed by the Council for Economic Outreach and the Gainesville Area Chamber of Commerce, has seated its 2015 Council Board of Directors. Thirteen executives representing a cross section of startup and mature software/information technology (IT) companies will lead CEO’s efforts to grow the region’s IT sector. Through three major initiatives, the Council will work to positively increase regional job opportunities, capital investment and the number of new and existing companies throughout the Greater Gainesville region in the IT sector. A key tenet of their work will focus on the newly formed Gainesville Dev Academy.
“We are extremely pleased and impressed with the 2015 Council Board which encompasses an outstanding group of successful entrepreneurs and regional executives,” said Council for Economic Outreach Chairman Todd Powell. “We believe the rich asset base of existing regional companies, University of Florida Research talent and academic expertise as well as Santa Fe College programs, make the IT sector one of our key opportunities in the Transforming Greater Gainesville five year strategy. We look forward to a successful year under their leadership.”
Gainesville Tech Council Executives:
- Mobiquity–Daniel Cohen, Senior Director, Development
- 352– Geoff Wilson – Founder, President & CEO
- Fracture–Abhi Lokesh, CEO and Co-Founder
- Sportody–Roger Catchpole, Founder & CEO
- Digital Brands–Toby Sembower, CEO
- InfoTech– Jim McClave, Ph.D., CEO
- SumTotal–Hardeep Gulati, General Manger and Head
- Altavian– John Perry, CEO
- Infinite Energy–Darin Cook, President & CEO
- Grooveshark–Josh Greenberg, Co-Founder & CTO
- StarterSpace–Duncan Kabinu, Managing Partner
- Paracosm–Amir Rubin, CEO
- Trendy Entertainment–Augi Lye, Chairman & Founder
The Council for Economic Outreach and the Gainesville Area Chamber formed the Gainesville Technology Council in 2014 as an initiative to foster growth of the regional Software/IT sector. Technology companies and entrepreneurs are encouraged to join and take advantage of the opportunity to collaborate on specific initiatives to grow the regional industry base. Industry service providers are also encouraged to join as associate members.
For more information, contact Susan Davenport, VP Economic Development, Gainesville Area Chamber at 352-378-7300.